As one of the most refined smartwatches, Samsung Galaxy Watch enables you to fully enjoy its abundant features. With the Galaxy Watch, you can experience the freedom of a wireless, phoneless, and practically weightless workout. What’s more, with a built-in speaker, you can also can play music right from your Galaxy Watch.
However, the only streaming app available on Samsung smart watches is Spotify. This means that you can only access music from Spotify on your Galaxy Watch. So, is it possible to control Amazon Music with Galaxy Watch? The answer is yes, and you are able to find a method to help you listen to Amazon Music on Galaxy Watch in this post. Let’s get started.
Part 1. Amazon Music and Galaxy Watch: Compatibility
From the aforementioned streaming music service, it is known that the Samsung smartwatch can be only compatible with streaming music from Spotify. Therefore, you cannot get your listening to Amazon Music on Samsung Galaxy Watch if you have a subscription to the Amazon Music streaming service.
However, the Galaxy Watch offers you enough space to store your favorite songs, so you can listen to music from local files on your watch. In this case, you could try to use this feature to get Amazon Music on Galaxy Watch. Thus, you can sync Amazon Music to Galaxy Watch from your device.
Based on the responses from Samsung, the Galaxy Wearable app and the Music app only support MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG, and WMA audio files. Meanwhile, you cannot import music from streaming services like Amazon Music since they are encrypted files. To solve this problem, you need to break the encryption and convert Amazon Music tracks to MP3.
The feasible method to complete this special task is to use a third-party tool like Tunelf Amatune Music Converter. It is an easy-to-use yet powerful audio converting tool for Amazon Music. With this converter, you can easily convert Amazon Music to DRM-free audio files then transfer Amazon Music to your Galaxy Watch for playing.
Key Features of Tunelf Amatune Music Converter
- Download songs from Amazon Prime Music and Music Unlimited
- Convert Amazon Music tracks to MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4A, and more
- Keep Amazon Music tracks with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Support to listen to songs from Amazon Music while downloading
Part 2. How to Download Amazon Music to Galaxy Watch
To get started, you need to install Tunelf Amatune Music Converter to your computer first. According to your operating system, click the Download button to choose the version for you and start download the installation package. After completing the installation, follow the simple steps below to convert Amazon Music to MP3.
Step 1 Edit the output audio parameters
Fire up Tunelf Amazon Music Converter on your computer then go to sign into your Amazon account by clicking Sign In. The next is to adjust the output audio parameters by clicking the Menu bar > Preferences > Advanced. You could make Amazon Music saved in the format of MP3 files that can be compatible with the Galaxy Watch. Otherwise, you could configure the value of bit rate, codec, sample rate and others.
Step 2 Import Amazon Music to Tunelf
Now when you browse songs from Amazon Music in the converter, you can find albums or playlists you want to play on your Galaxy Watch. Then open an album or playlist you want to download and tap the yellow Add button suspended on the right side. The program will list all songs immediately in the Add window and all you need is to select songs you want to convert.
Step 3 Extract music from Amazon Music
Once all is done, you could get started downloading songs from Amazon Music to MP3 by clicking on the Convert button. Tunelf Amatune Music Converter will work at a fast speed and you just need to wait for the download and conversion of Amazon Music tracks. While converting Amazon Music to MP3, you can continue to listen to music. After downloading, you could click the Converted icon to view the converted Amazon Music tracks.
Video Demo: Download Music from Amazon to Galaxy Watch
Part 3. How to Upload Amazon Music to Galaxy Watch for Playing
Now you have saved Amazon Music beats to unprotected audio files compatible with the Galaxy Watch. First off, make sure the music you want to add is on your phone because it cannot be exported directly from a PC when the watch is connected to your phone. Then you could go to transfer your music files to the watch.
3.1 Add Amazon Music using Galaxy Wearable for Android
The Galaxy Wearable app is designed for those Android users. You can use it to transfer Amazon Music to the watch. After connecting your watch to your phone, then follow:
1) Open the Galaxy Wearable app and tap Add contents to your watch from the Home tab.
2) Tap Add tracks to select your Amazon Music songs individually from your Android device.
3) Tick the songs you want and tap Done to add Amazon Music songs to your Galaxy watch.
4) Now open the Music app on your Galaxy watch and start to play your music tracks.
3.2 Add Amazon Music using Gear Music Manager for iOS
If you have an iPhone, you could only use the Gear Music Manager app. With it, you would have the ability to sync Amazon Music to Galaxy Watch then listen to Amazon Music on Galaxy Watch.
1) Check whether your computer and watch are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Turn on your watch and swipe to launch the Music app then press the phone icon.
3) After setting your watch as the music source, swipe up on the Now playing screen.
4) Then tap Music Manager at the bottom of the Library then select START.
5) Next, start a web browser on your computer and enter the IP address showed on your watch.
6) Confirm the connection and select Add new tracks in the web browser to choose the Amazon Music files you want to add.
7) Select Open and your Amazon Music files will be transferred to your Galaxy watch.
8) Once they’re finished, click on OK on the web page and then tap DISCONNECT on your watch.
Even though a smartwatch compatible with Amazon Music excludes the Galaxy Watch, you could also try to break the limitation. With the assistance of Tunelf Amatune Music Converter, you can stream all of your favorite tunes from Amazon Music on your Galaxy Watch. Now just connect Bluetooth headphones with your watch and stay motivated with Amazon Music offline.