When it comes to smartwatches, Apple Watch is always the top spot in the best smartwatches, as well as a top pick for music lovers. With plenty of built-in features and great substance, more and more especially Apple users choose it as their wearables. For music, Apple Watch comes with enough internal storage space for you to store music tracks.
Well, Apple Watch has provided Spotify support for all Spotify subscribers to play Spotify on Apple Watch now. However, there are still some limitations on the playback of Spotify on Apple Watch due to different subscriptions. In this post, we’ll uncover how to get Spotify on Apple Watch, as well as how to download Spotify music to Apple Watch for offline listening without a phone even though you don’t subscribe to any Premium Plan on Spotify.
Part 1. Does Spotify Work on Apple Watch?
Since Apple Watch has built a working relationship with Spotify, those owners of the Apple Watch can get a Spotify app for Apple Watch. Currently, Spotify works on all generations of the Apple Watch. This means that all Spotify subscribers could listen to Spotify on Apple Watch no matter you are using a free or premium account.
A new update on May 21, 2021 means that you have the ability to download your favorite playlists, albums, and podcast on Apple Watch for a true offline and phone-free experience. However, Spotify only offers this update to those Premium users. Never mind, read on to install Spotify on Apple Watch. Just skip this part if your Apple Watch has Spotify installed.
Get Spotify app for Apple Watch with the iPhone
1) On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
2) Tap the My Watch tab.
3) Under the Available Apps section, find Spotify.
4) To add Spotify to your watch, tap Install.
Get Spotify from the App Store on your Apple Watch
1) Press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen, then tap the App Store.
2) Tap Search to find Spotify, or scroll down to discover Spotify.
3) Press Spotify to see its description, release notes, and more, then tap Get.
4) When prompted, double-click the side button to download and install Spotify.
Note: Make sure you’ve paired your Apple Watch to your iPhone with Bluetooth.
Part 2. Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch without Premium
Spotify is compatible with all generations of the Apple Watch. With Spotify for Apple Watch, you can control the Spotify experience from your wrist. But if you’re using a free Spotify account, you can only control the playback of Spotify on the watch from your iPhone. Just make sure you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your phone. Then follow the steps below to start your playback on your Apple Watch.
To listen to Spotify on Apple Watch you need:
– Pair your iPhone with your Apple Watch
– Download and log in to the Spotify app on your iPhone and Apple Watch
– iPhone running iOS 12 or above & Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 or above
1) Turn the iPhone on and simply open the Spotify app.
2) Browse music you want to play in your library and select one to play.
3) Start to control Spotify music on your Apple Watch once launched.
Part 3. Control Spotify with Apple Watch with Premium
To listen to Spotify directly from your wrist you need to be a Spotify Premium user and have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later, with watchOS 6.0+ along with a cellular connection or Wi-Fi. Now Spotify is adding the ability to download playlists, albums, and podcasts on Apple Watch to play offline. Perform the below steps to access Spotify songs on Apple Watch directly with ease. Also, know how to download Spotify music to Apple Watch.
To stream directly from Apple Watch you need:
– Apple Watch Series 3 or later running watchOS 6.0 or above
– Download and log in to the Spotify app on your Apple Watch
– Connect your Apple Watch to a cellular or Wi-Fi available
3.1 How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone
1) Power your Apple Watch on then launch the Spotify app.
2) Tap Your Library and browse playlists from Spotify.
3) Press the Device icon and select Apple Watch from the list.
4) Start to listen to Spotify directly from your watch.
3.2 How to Download Spotify Music to Apple Watch
1) Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone and go to Your Library.
2) Find the playlist and podcasts you want to download to your watch.
3) Select the playlist, album, or podcast and press the three-dot to choose Download to Apple Watch.
4) To check on the download progress, head over to the Download section on the watch.
5) Once your selected contents are downloaded, a little green arrow appears next to their names.
6) Pair with your headphones and start listening to Spotify offline on your watch.
Note: There’s a download limit of 50 tracks per playlist.
Part 4. Best Method to Enjoy Spotify Offline Apple Watch
Disconnect from your phone and stay connected to the music with Spotify on Apple Watch, now supporting downloads for Premium users. To stream music directly from your Apple Watch, you need to subscribe to any Premium Plan on Spotify. So, is it possible to get offline Spotify on Apple Watch without Premium? The answer is sure, and you’ll need a Spotify music downloader.
All songs from Spotify are streaming content, so you can only listen to them within the Spotify app. But with a third-party tool like Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter, you can download and convert Spotify music to Apple Watch supported formats like MP3 or AAC. Then you can transfer those converted music tracks to the watch for offline playback. Check out our great way to download Spotify music to Apple Watch for offline listening.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, and albums with free accounts easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and other audio formats
- Keep Spotify music tracks with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Remove ads and DRM protection from Spotify music at a 5× faster speed
4.1 How to Download Music from Spotify via Tunelf
Download and install Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to your computer. Then start downloading tracks, albums, playlists, or podcasts from Spotify with this tool in 3 steps.
Step 1 Add Spotify Music to Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
Launch Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter on your computer and it will automatically load the Spotify app. Then you need to sign in with your Spotify credentials and navigate to your library on Spotify. Now you could select Spotify songs you want to listen to on Apple Watch and add your selected to Tunelf interface by drop-and-drag.
Step 2 Set the output Spotify track audio format and parameter
After adding your selected Spotify songs to Tunelf interface, you could click the Menu > Preference > Convert to set the output audio parameters for Spotify music. You need to set the output audio format like MP3 or AAC. Besides, you could adjust the bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3 Begin to download and convert Spotify music to MP3
When all the setting is completed, you can click the Convert button to start to download Spotify music. Wait for a while and Tunelf software will save all Spotify songs to your computer. After downloading, you can browse all the converted Spotify songs in the converted list by clicking the Converted button.
4.2 How to Transfer Spotify Music Tracks to Apple Watch
Now you can sync Spotify music to Apple Watch for listening offline when you’re going out for a jog. Just perform the following steps to transfer Spotify playlists to Apple Watch.
Step 1. Sync the converted Spotify music from your computer to the iPhone. You need to sync Spotify music from your computer to the iPhone first if you want to play Spotify music on Apple Watch. You can import Spotify music into iTunes Library from your computer. Then you need to connect your iPhone to PC via a USB cable and choose to sync Spotify music to your iPhone.
Step 2. Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone via Bluetooth. After you transfer Spotify music to your iPhone, set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure it is charging. Make sure that your iPhone is within the range of your watch. On your iPhone, go to Setting > Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on as you cannot add Spotify from your iPhone to your Apple Watch without having Bluetooth enabled.
Step 3. Achieve the syncing of Spotify to Apple Watch for playing. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab. Scroll to Music and tap it, then tap + to transfer Spotify music to Apple Watch. Tap the + button next to the music that you want. After syncing, you will find Spotify music tracks on Apple Watch and just play Spotify music on Apple Watch without iPhone even offline.
Part 5. Spotify on Apple Watch: Supported Features
Spotify has been rolling out lots of features for the Apple Watch. Being able to download music and podcasts gives you the ability to listen to Spotify music on the watch without a network connection and phone. Check out what kinds of features you can enjoy on Apple Watch.
1. Play, pause, and skip music and podcasts
With a Spotify account, you can control the playback of Spotify music on the Apple Watch. You can pause and skip forward and back the music.
2. Stream directly from your watch (Premium)
You can control Spotify playback from your wrist if you’re subscribing to any Premium Plan on Spotify.
3. Listen offline and without your phone (Premium)
Offline playback is being rolled out to all Premium users. Thus, you can download playlists and podcasts to Apple Watch for offline use.
4. Save your favorites to your Spotify library
Spotify for Apple Watch supports saving tracks you like to your library. Tap the heart icon on the screen to add music to your library.
5. Control what plays on another device with Spotify Connect
With Spotify Connect built-in you can select which device you want to play Spotify on. You could choose to stream music from Apple Watch to any device.
6. Use Siri to voice control your music and podcasts
With Siri support on Apple Watch, you can ask for your favorite tunes or podcasts using only your voice.
The offline listening for Spotify on Apple Watch is rolling out to all Premium users globally soon. With a Premium subscription, you can not only stream Spotify music from Apple Watch directly but also download playlists and podcasts for offline listening. If you’re using a free account, just try Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter.
Get the product now:
Get the product now: