If you’re looking for a cost-efficient smart TV, you’re likely to come across VIZIO during your search. VIZIO Smart TVs are one of the top sellers worldwide thanks to their combination of extensive features and attractive pricing. As with most smart TVs, it also enables you to access lots of entertainment programs. For several years, VIZIO smart TVs allowed you to add some streaming service applications for you to access your favorite content.
Spotify is one of the industry’s leading music streaming services where you can listen to a huge library of songs for free. However, numerous VIZIO TV clients are experiencing difficulty getting the Spotify application on their TVs. In any case, even though some of them effectively get Spotify on VIZIO TV, Spotify is a long way from great. Here we’ll explore how to get Spotify on VIZIO TV for playing in various ways.
Way 1. How to Download Spotify on VIZIO TV
Can You Get Spotify on VIZIO TV? The answer to this question depends on the type of VIZIO TV you have. Not all VIZIO TV allows you to add and install applications. The only VIZIO TVs that allow you to install apps are the ones running on the VIA Plus (VIZIO Internet Apps Plus) and VIA (VIZIO Internet Apps) platforms. Hence, to figure out does VIZIO have Spotify, you should be clear about whether your VIZIO smart TV is running on VIA Plus or VIA. If yes, then you can go to download Spotify on VIZIO smart TV. Here’s how to get Spotify on VIZIO TV with V button.
How to Add Spotify to VIZIO TV via VIA
To open or add apps on your VIZIO smart TV running VIA, you have to use the V button on a Vizio TV remote.
- Press the V button on the remote.
- Select CONNECTED TV STORE and choose All Apps.
- Navigate through the list of Apps and press OK on the Spotify app to bring up the option to install it.
- Select Install App which is often located in the lower-left corner of the screen.
How to Add Spotify to VIZIO TV via VIA Plus
The VIA Plus platform is found on VIZIO Smart TVs released between 2013 – 2017. You can install apps including Spotify on this platform.
- Press the V button twice on the remote.
- In the Fullscreen VIA Plus Apps Window you will see your installed apps under the My Apps tab.
- Browse through the Featured, Latest, All Apps, or Categories tabs to find the Spotify app.
- Press and hold the OK button until “Spotify has been added to your My Apps list” appears.
The above ways to download the VIZIO Spotify app require the V button on the remote. If you are looking for how to get Spotify on VIZIO TV without V button, there are so many ways apart from the above ones. And VIZIO SmartCast TVs do not have the V button but the Home. However, these TVs don’t offer the functionality for downloading additional apps. Now, keep reading to find more ways without the V button.
Way 2. How to Cast Spotify to VIZIO TV via Airplay/Cast
However, some users complained that they could not find the Spotify app on VIZIO TV. This is because Spotify is not available on all smart TVs. On account of this, you can control Spotify on VIZIO TV from your Android or iOS devices. Go to play Spotify on VIZIO smart TV with Apple AirPlay 2 or Chromecast built-in now.
How to AirPlay Spotify to VIZIO TV from iPhone
- Launch the Spotify app on your phone and select any music track or playlist to play.
- On your iOS device, swipe down from the upper screen to access the Control Center.
- Navigate to the AirPlay icon from the mini-player and tap it to select your VIZIO smart TV from the list of available devices.
How to Cast Spotify to VIZIO TV from Desktop
- Make sure your TV and your PC are under the same network connection.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Go to https://open.spotify.com/ and log into your Spotify account.
- Then right-click on the current page and select the Cast option.
- Choose the Chromecast device (VIZIO TV) from the available list and select Cast.
Way 3. How to Get Spotify on VIZIO TV via Spotify Connect/SmartCast
Casting Spotify to VIZIO TV is the most straightforward way. Given that some users use an Android device, here we share the step-by-step tutorial to use the built-in Spotify Connect feature and the VIZIO SmartCast app.
How to Get Spotify on VIZIO TV via Spotify Connect
- Launch the Spotify app on your smartphone or your computer and start playing.
- In the Now Playing view, tap the Device button.
- Check your VIZIO smart TV from the available devices list.
- Then the sound from Spotify will be cast to your connected VIZIO TV.
How to Play Spotify on VIZIO TV via SmartCast
- Download the VIZIO SmartCast app from Play Store or App Store.
- Start it and follow the onscreen prompts to create a VIZIO account.
- Tap Get Started and tap on the name of your VIZIO TV to finish the set-up.
- Enter the PIN that appears at the top of the TV screen.
- Now, you’ve linked your phone to your TV. Just open Spotify to start listening and the content will be played through your TV’s stereo.
Way 4. How to Play Spotify on VIZIO TV without Premium
The capability of installing apps on your VIZIO Smart TV depends on the OS it is running on. If your VIZIO smart TV is not running on VIA or VIA Plus, you’re not allowed to install Spotify on your smart TV. But thanks to the above 4 casting ways, you can still get Spotify on VIZIO TV for playing.
However, there is the best way to enable you to stream Spotify music to VIZIO smart TVs without Premium. That is to use a Spotify music downloader. As we all know, all music from Spotify is streaming content that can be only accessible within the Spotify player. Even though you use the Premium feature to download Spotify songs, you are still not able to freely use them.
Here we do recommend Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to help you download and convert songs from Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B without DRM. After that, you can easily play Spotify on VIZIO TV or any other device with a USB drive. Now follow the given guide to learn about how to use the converter to download Spotify songs for VIZIO TV.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, and albums with free accounts easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and other audio formats
- Keep Spotify music tracks with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Remove ads and DRM protection from Spotify music at a 5× faster speed
Step 1 Select Spotify songs to download
Start by opening Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter on your computer then Spotify will be launched at the same time. At that point, you need to go to browse songs or playlists you want to download. To add your required songs to the converter, you can either use the drag-and-drop feature or copy the URL of the track into the search box for the load.
Step 2 Adjust the audio parameters
Subsequent to adding Spotify songs to the converter, you need to set the output audio parameters. Go to click the menu bar > Preferences and switch to the Convert window. To play Spotift on VIZIO TV, just set the output format as MP3. For better download audio quality, you can change the bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3 Start to download Spotify songs
Afterward, you can start the download and conversion of Spotify songs by clicking the Convert button. Then the converter will save your required songs to the destination folder. Once the conversion is complete, you can click the Converted icon and browse the converted music tracks in the conversion history.
Step 4 Play Spotify on VIZIO smart TV
Now that you have got the converted Spotify music tracks, you can start to play Spotify music on VIZIO smart TVs. To do that, prepare a USB flash drive formatted FAT 32 and perform the following steps.
- Plus the USB drive into your computer and move all the converted Spotify music files to it first.
- Then insert the USB flash drive into your VIZIO smart TV.
- For the newer VIZIO TV models, you can directly go into the music files from the pop-up screen.
- For the older ones, you have to press the V button on your remote to head to Multimedia and select your USB drive. Then the Spotify music stored in this USB drive is accessible.
With the above guide, you will know how to get Spotify on VIZIO TV for listening to your favorite songs. If you’re yet not able to install and use the Spotify app on your VIZIO smart TV, there are other feasible ways like Spotify Connect, AirPlay, and more you can use to play Spotify music on VIZIO smart TV. And you would be surprised that Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter could enable you to listen to and download Spotify music without Premium.
Get the product now:
Get the product now: