Audible is a popular audiobook and spoken-word platform where you can find your preferred audiobooks. When you purchase a book from Audible, you could choose to save your downloads in Enhanced format (.aax) or Format 4 (.aa). But those contents come with the security technology that protects intellectual property rights. From another point of view, you’re only allowed to listen to your downloads within Audible’s player.
Therefore, on most days, it is very inconvenient for most users if you’re using a device without Audible’s player. However, fortunately, there comes a third-party tool called Audible audiobook converter that can help you resolve the problem. So, if you want to learn how to resolve the problem, you can start with this tool, and we’ve reviewed some of the best Audible audiobook converters you could try.
- Part 1. 5 Best Audible Audiobook Converter for Windows & Mac
- Part 2. How to Use Audible Book Converter to Convert Audible to MP3
Part 1. Top 5 Audible Audiobook Converter for Mac and Windows
Thanks to the Audible audiobook converter, you can convert your purchased Audible books to DRM-free formats with ease. Meanwhile, there are lots of options for you, and not all are suitable for you. The best Audible book converters are able to make the conversion process seamless and quick for users rather than frustrating and time-consuming. We’ve rounded them up below.
Tunelf Audible Audiobook Converter (Windows & Mac)
Tunelf Audible Audiobook Converter is a multifunction audio converting tool. Whether you want to remove DRM from Audible, Apple Music, and iTunes or convert DRM-protected audios to DRM-free formats, it is a good option for you. You can use it to convert books from Audible to several popular audio formats and keep them with lossless tone quality. For some large audiobooks, it can split into smaller parts by chapters, time length, or averagely. Then you can listen to your Audible books on most devices without a limit.
1) Support to customize the output parameter like bitrate;
2) Offer the ability to split the enter book into smaller parts;
3) Preserve the converted audios with lossless audio quality;
4) Convert various audios from one format to another format.
1) Need to work together with iTunes
#1. TunesKit Audible AA/AAX Converter (Windows & Mac)
TunesKit Audible AA/AAX Converter is a professional audio converter that is capable of tackling the conversion of Audible audiobook format. With this tool, you’re able to strip DRM protection from your purchased Audible books and convert Audible books to several popular audio formats in batch in a faster conversion speed. It is an independent Audible DRM removal program that doesn’t require you to authorize your Audible account.
1) Cover a wide range of output audio formats;
2) Convert Audible books at a super-fast 100× speed;
3) Not require iTunes and Audible account authorization.
1) Only works for converting Audible books.
#2. Epubor Audible Converter (Windows & Mac)
Epubor Audible Converter is an audio converting tool for Audible books dedicated to removing DRM from Audible and converting DRM-protected Audible books to MP3 or other DRM-free formats like M4B supported by most popular media players such as MP3 players. It supports to convert Audible books in the batch. The concise yet effective interface enables the users to add Audible book files to the program for conversion with ease.
1) Support to convert Audible books in batch;
2) Offer an easy-to-use and user-friendly interface;
3) Split the entire Audible book into several chapters.
1) Not support to customize the audio bitrate;
2) Not work stable when converting sometimes.
#3. TunePat Any Audiobook Converter (Windows & Mac)
TunePat Any Audiobook Converter is a tool specially designed for converting Audible audiobooks to unprotected formats like MP3, M4A, and M4B. If you want to remove DRM from Audible and transfer Audible audiobooks to other devices for offline listening, you could take it into consideration. With an easy-to-use interface, it also supports splitting the large audiobook files into small clips via chapters with ID3 tags preserved.
1) Work at a faster conversion speed;
2) Support to convert Audible books in batch;
3) Keep chapters and ID3 tags after conversion.
1) Need the authorization of Audible account;
2) Only three output formats for you to choose from.
#4. Inaudible Converter (Windows)
Inaudible Converter is an audio converter that gives away its features for nothing. It is designed to remove DRM from Audible audiobooks and convert them to MP3, FLAC, and other universal audio formats. But the interface is too complicated for non-tech-savvy users to use. To complete the conversion, you also need the help of two software called inaudible-NG’s tables and FFmpeg.
1) Handle the conversion of Audible;
2) Give away of its features for nothing;
3) Capable of separating audiobook by chapters.
1) Not compatible with Mac OS X;
2) Not provide the customer support service;
3) Complicated for non-tech-savvy users to use.
Part 2. How to Convert Audible to MP3 with Audible Converter
Users can’t convert Audible book files from the protected format to another format such as MP3. However, fortunately, with the help of Audible book converters as described above, converting Audible to MP3 is just a piece of cake. Here we’ll show you how to convert Audible to MP3 using Tunelf Audible Audiobook Converter, and we can walk you through the steps.
What Can You Get from Tunelf Audible Audio Converter?
- Remove the built-in protection from Audible, Apple Music, and iTunes
- Convert Audible AAX or AA books to MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV
- Cut large Audible or iTunes audiobooks into small segments by chapters
- Preserve the converted book files with lossless tone quality and ID3 tags
- Support to complete the conversion of audios at a super-fast 30× speed
Step 1 Select Audible files you want to convert
Fire up Tunelf Audible Audiobook Converter then it will automatically load the Music app on your Mac computer or iTunes on your Windows computer. Bow you need to select Audible files you want to convert, and you can directly drag and drop your required audiobook files to the interface. Or you can click the Load iTunes Library button located at the top of the program and start to browse the Audible book files you want to convert.
Step 2 Pick your format and adjust your settings
Within the converter, you could select your desired format and quality level for your Audible books after all your required book files are loaded into the conversion list. The converter automatically defaults to the High-Quality level when converting files to MP3. If you tap the Format panel at the bottom left corner of the converter, you can adjust things like format, bitrate, sample rate, channels, and codec.
Step 3 Start to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3
The last step is to make the converter to start the conversion of Audible to MP3 by clicking the Convert button at the bottom right of the main interface. Once the conversion is complete, your converted Audible book files have been saved to the default folder or the folder you preset before conversion. To browse all the unprotected Audible MP3 books, you can hit the Converted icon located at the top of the program.
If you want to convert Audible from its original format to another format, the best choice is to use an Audible audiobook converter. From the aforementioned Audible audiobook converters, we do recommend Tunelf Audio Converter to you. Anytime you convert a file, you risk losing data in the process. However, Tunelf Audible Audiobook Converter enables you to keep lossless tone quality with its great decoding technology.