“Since a couple of weeks, I make use of the Google Clock, in which a function is built to use Spotify songs as wake-up sound. I have to first start the Spotify app to select a song in the Clock app. However, after selecting songs, every morning my alarm only beeps without playing any Spotify song. Try to solve it with several methods, but until now nothing seems to be working.” – from Spotify Community
With the Clock App from Google integration, you are able to wake up to your favorite music on Spotify by setting it as your chosen alarm music. However, while you’re using Google Clock with Spotify, you’d find lots of issues like the Google Clock alarm not playing Spotify or Google Clock not connecting to Spotify.
If that’s happening to you, our guide will go over the issue of Google Clock Spotify not working, what’s causing it, and what you can do to solve it. Also, we’ll show how to connect Spotify to Google Clock for setting up your alarm and use Spotify with Google Clock offline. Now take a look and see what solutions address your problem.
Part 1. How to Set Spotify as Alarm with Google Clock
Since Spotify launched its feature to the Google Clock, you are able to wake up to an album or playlist from Spotify. So, before solving the issue of Spotify not working with Google Clock, we’ll tell you how to set a Spotify song as your alarm with Google Clock on your Android device.
1) Open the Google Clock app on your Android device.
2) Go to the Alarm tab and click the Add (+) icon to create a new alarm.
3) Under your alarm, press the bell icon to choose a sound.
4) Tap on Spotify Music then connect your Spotify account to Google Clock.
5) Switch to the Spotify tab and swipe through the list of music.
6) Choose a song from your music library on Spotify and set it as your alarm.
Part 2. Spotify with Google Clock Troubleshooting
Now come into the problem of Spotify not working with Google Clock and try the below solutions to fix it. Here is the reason which is causing it and the solutions to solve it.
1) The Spotify app and Google Clock app are up to date.
2) Your Android device is connected to a poor network.
1. Restart Your Phone
Restarting your phone is the direct way to solve the problem when the app fails to work on your device.
2. Update Spotify and Android Device
Make sure that your Spotify and Android devices are the latest version. If not, try to update Spotify and your Android device to the latest version.
3. Reset Google Clock and Spotify
Go to delete or clear the date on both Spotify and Google Clock. Then launch the Clock app from Google and set it up with Spotify again.
4. Check Network Connection
Both Spotify and Google Clock only work well on those devices with a good network connection. So, go to check your network connection.
5. Allow Google Clock and Spotify to AutoStart
You could set both Spotify and Google Clock to auto-start. When allowing them to auto-start, Google Clock will play music from Spotify. To set both Spotify and Google Clock to AutoStart:
1) Tap on Settings > Apps > Permissions > AutoStart.
2) Toggle the button next to Spotify and Google Clock to enable AutoStart.
Part 3. Alternative Way to Use Spotify with Google Clock
In principle, with the above methods, you could fix the issue of Spotify not working with Google Clock. But there is still a limitation on Spotify with Google Clock. Although the feature is available to both Free and Premium Spotify subscribers, you can wake up to an album or playlist instead of a specific track unless you have a Premium account.
If you cannot select which track yet, don’t worry – there is a third-party tool to help you, that is, Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter. With Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter, you are able to download songs from Spotify and save them to MP3 or other more widely-supported formats. Then you can directly use Spotify songs as your alarm sound even without an internet connection.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, and albums with free accounts easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and other audio formats
- Keep Spotify music tracks with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Remove ads and DRM protection from Spotify music at a 5× faster speed
3.1 Steps to Download Music from Spotify
Step 1 Select Spotify songs to wake up
Start by launching Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter on your computer then it will soon load Spotify. Now you have to swipe through which track you want to set as your alarm sound in Spotify. Just drag and drop your chosen songs to the converter. Additionally, you can copy and paste the link of the track into the search box.
Step 2 Choose the output audio format
After adding your required tracks, go to the menu bar and select the Preferences option from the drop-down box. You’ll see a pop-up window and then switch to the Convert tab. Here you can select one from MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B as the output format. Plus, you can set the bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3 Download Spotify music to MP3
Now start to download and convert Spotify songs to MP3 by clicking on the Convert button at the bottom right of the interface. Then Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter will save those converted music tracks to the default folder or the folder you specified before conversion. After that, you can browse the converted tracks in the conversion history.
3.2 Set Google Clock Alarm with Offline Spotify
After downloading Spotify songs to MP3, you need to transfer them to your Android device via a USB cable. Then perform the below steps to set Spotify music as an alarm in the Google Clock app and wake up to your music even without an internet connection.
1) Fire up the Google Clock app on your Android device.
2) Go to the Alarm page and tap on an alarm. Or you could create a new alarm.
3) Tap on the text next to the ring bell and tap Add new under Sounds.
4) Choose a Spotify track you’ve transferred to your Android device.
Simply link your Spotify account to your Clock App from Google and set an alarm or sleep timer. Then you can wake up to an album or playlist. If you want to wake up with a single track, you could upgrade to Premium on Spotify. But the best method is to use Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to download Spotify songs. Then you can not only set a Spotify track as your alarm sound but also wake up to your music offline.
Get this product now:
Get this product now: