Samsung is committed to developing the most advanced and stylish smartwatches. The Galaxy Watch combines powerful technology with a premium, customizable design. So you can manage the day today from your wrist, beautifully. Undoubtedly, the series of Galaxy Watch has led the position in the market of smartwatches.
No matter where life takes you, you can keep an eye on wellness with advanced health monitoring, connect to various apps to enjoy a smart life, and play music from your wrist. Samsung has teamed up with Spotify, enabling you to easily access your favorites songs on your Galaxy Watch. Here we’ll show how to play Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Part 1. Spotify Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Part 2. Official Method to Stream Spotify on Galaxy Watch
- Part 3. How to Play Spotify on Galaxy Watch without Premium
- Part 4. Problems: Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Watch Not Working
Part 1. Spotify Available on Samsung Galaxy Watch
Spotify brings the music streaming service to several smartwatches like Galaxy Watch, Apple Watch, Garmin Watch, Fitbit Watch, and more. The support of Spotify gives you the ability to access your Recently Played music, browse top charts, and customize your Spotify settings. You can play Spotify with the built-in speakers on Galaxy Watch. Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, and Galaxy Watch are compatible with Spotify.
Part 2. Play Offline Spotify on Galaxy Watch with Premium
The integration of Spotify and Galaxy Watch makes it easy to connect Spotify to Galaxy Watch for listening to your favorite tunes. So, no matter which plans you subscribe to, you can listen to music from Spotify on your watch with ease. If you don’t know how to play Spotify on Galaxy Watch, you could follow the below steps to get started.
How to Set up Spotify on Galaxy Watch
Before you can start listening to music from Spotify on your watch, make sure the app is installed. If not, you can download and install Spotify onto your watch using the Galaxy Store. Here’s how to install Spotify onto a Galaxy Watch, and then get started with Spotify for Galaxy Watch.
1) Open Galaxy Apps on your watch and then select a Category.
2) Tap on the Entertainment category and search for Spotify.
3) Find Spotify and press Install to install Spotify onto your watch.
4) Launch Spotify on your phone and log into your Spotify account.
5) Press the Power key on the watch, and then navigate to tap Spotify.
6) Allow the permission and tap LET’S GO to start using Spotify.
How to Use Spotify on Galaxy Watch
It’s easy to listen to Spotify from your Galaxy wearable offline if you sign in to your Premium account. Once you have signed in and you are connected to an internet connection via the watch, then you are able to download playlists directly to your watch and start listening to them in Offline Mode.
1) Launch Spotify on your Samsung Watch and sign into your Premium Spotify account.
2) Once signed, scroll down the page, select Browse, and tap on Charts.
3) Choose a Chart you would like to listen to offline and toggle on Download.
4) Go back to tap on Settings, select Offline, and toggle on Go Offline.
5) Tap on Your Music, select Your Collection, and start playing offline Spotify on your watch.
Part 3. Play Offline Spotify on Galaxy Watch without Premium
Playing offline Spotify on Galaxy Watch could be a piece of cake for those Premium Spotify users. However, those users using the free version of Spotify can only listen to Spotify on their watches when they have an Internet connection. It doesn’t matter. Galaxy Watch offers 8GB of space for you to save music tracks including local audio files.
In this case, you could choose to download Spotify music to your watch using a Spotify music downloader. Currently, the audio playing format compatible with Galaxy Watch includes MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, and AWB. Using a Spotify music downloader can help you download Spotify music to those audio formats.
Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter is one of the most powerful and professional music downloaders and converter for Spotify on the market. With this smart tool, you can remove the limits from Spotify and download Spotify music to six popular audio formats supported by Galaxy Watch while keeping the original audio quality and ID3 tags.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, albums with free accounts easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and other audio formats
- Keep Spotify music tracks with the lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Remove ads and DRM protection from Spotify music at 5× faster speed
3.1 Download Playlist from Spotify to MP3 via Tunelf
Before you get started, make sure that you have Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter installed on your computer. Also, make sure Spotify is enabled on your computer. Then you can download and convert Spotify music to MP3 or other Galaxy Watch supported formats in 3 simple steps.
Step 1 Add Spotify playlists to Tunelf software
Launch Tunelf Spotify Music Converter and it will automatically load Spotify on your computer. Then navigate to your music library and when viewing a curated playlist that you’d like to download, just drag it to Tunelf interface for easy access. Or you can copy the URI of the playlist into the search box for load.
Step 2 Configure the output audio parameters
Next, go to set the output audio parameter by clicking the menu bar > Preferences. In the Convert window, you can choose the output format as MP3 or other five audio formats. For better audio quality, you need to continue to adjust the bit rate, sample rate, and channel. Remember to save the settings and then start to download Spotify music.
Step 3 Start to download Spotify playlist to MP3
To download Spotify music, you just need to click the Convert button and the playlist will start to download, but keep in mind that it may take a little while depending on the size of the playlist and the speed of your internet connection. Once saved, the playlist will be accessible from your computer.
3.2 Upload Spotify Music via Galaxy Wearable for Android
If you want to transfer Spotify music to the watch from your Android device, just use the Galaxy Wearable app. Start by connecting your watch to your phone, then follow the below steps to move your Spotify songs.
1) Connect your Android device to your computer by using a USB cable then move Spotify music files to your device.
2) Launch the Galaxy Wearable app and tap Add contents to your watch from the Home tab.
3) Tap Add tracks to choose Spotify songs individually from your Android device.
4) Tick the songs you want and tap Done to transfer Spotify songs to your Galaxy watch.
5) Open the Music app on your Galaxy watch and start to play your Spotify music tracks.
3.3 Upload Spotify Music via Gear Music Manager for iOS
The Gear Music Manager is designed for those iOS users. So, with it, you have the ability to transfer Spotify music tracks from your iPhone to your watch. After syncing Spotify songs to your iPhone, just perform the below steps.
1) Make sure your computer and watch are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Power on your watch and swipe to launch the Music app then press the phone icon.
3) After choosing your watch as the music source, swipe up on the Now playing screen.
4) Then tap Music Manager at the bottom of the Library then select START.
5) Next, start a web browser on your computer and enter the IP address showed on your watch.
6) Confirm the connection and select Add new tracks in the web browser to select Spotify songs you want to add.
7) Select Open and your selected Spotify songs will be transferred to your Galaxy watch.
8) Once they’re finished, click on OK on the web page and then tap DISCONNECT on your watch.
Part 4. FAQs: Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Watch Not Working
No matter you play Spotify music on Galaxy Watch or stream Spotify to Galaxy Watch Active, you’d encounter some problems when you use Spotify. Here we’ve collected several frequently asked questions from the forum. If you have trouble using Spotify with Galaxy Watch, you could find the possible solutions here.
Q1. I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch and try to use the watch in Remote Mode for my phone rather than Wi-Fi Streaming. However, when I go to switch the Remote Mode it is stating that it cannot connect the watch to Spotify on the phone even though the Bluetooth Connection is strong and working correctly. Any idea what to do?
A: To fix Galaxy Watch Spotify remote not working, go to the Music app and tap the three dots on the right side. Then tap on the music player and select Spotify. Now you can use the watch to control your Spotify to play music.
Q2. I have tried for a whole week to try and sign in to Spotify on my new Galaxy watch. Then I tried all the things and went to read in forums here and about to give up.
A: To fix Galaxy Watch Spotify unable to log in, try to request a new password and fill in the E-mail address that is associated with your Facebook profile. You should then be able to log in by using that E-mail address as a username.
Q3. When I download any playlist to the watch to listen offline, right after the download is playing offline find. But the next day is playing offline playlist not working. I have to delete the playlist and download again and I can listen the offline playlist, but the next day is not working again. Is there any update to Tizen coming?
A: To fix Galaxy Watch Spotify offline not working, just switch Spotify from Remote to Standalone mode. Tap Settings in the Spotify watch app, select the Playback option and choose the Standalone setting. Now you can find music to download for offline listening.
Now you are fully capable of successfully setting up Spotify on your Galaxy Watch, then you can pair your watch with the Bluetooth headphone and start listening to Spotify music. For offline Spotify, you could choose to subscribe to Spotify Premium Plans or use Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter. Explore more music tracks on Spotify and enjoy your favorites from your wrist now.