As Apple Music replaced iTunes in 2019, more and more people are turning to Apple Music for listening to music. Even though you can use Apple Music to access music, you may have plenty of songs in your iTunes library since you’ve been staying in the iTunes world for a long time. This is a big loss for iTunes users if you cannot enjoy your iTunes music. Fortunately, there are lots of methods to enable you to enjoy those purchased iTunes songs. Here our guide on how to transfer music from iTunes to Android will enable you to manage and enjoy iTunes music on your Android device.
- Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android
- Part 2. Best Way to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android Phone
There are three common methods to help you transfer music from iTunes to Android. In this part, we will introduce how to transfer music from iTunes to Android by using a USB, Apple Music, or Google Play. If you’re interested in moving music from iTunes to Android, just go on reading this part.
Copy iTunes music files to Android by drag-and-drop
If you want to transfer music from iTunes to your Android phone or tablet without using a third-party tool, you could try to manually move the files to your device. This method is very simple and efficient, but you need to prepare a UBS in advance. Now you can follow the below steps to start your transferring.
1) Connect your Android phone to your computer by using an USB and your computer will detect your phone.
2) Navigate to your Android device storage on your Android phone and create a new folder for saving your music from iTunes.
3) Then locate the iTunes folder on your computer and select music tracks you want to transfer to your Android phone.
4) Now drag and drop your chosen music tracks into the folder you created. Now your required music has been transferred to your Android phone.
Transfer music from iTunes to Android with Apple Music
To transfer music from iTunes to your Android phone, you can download the Apple Music app on your Android phone or tablet. Then you can sync music from iTunes to your Android phone by the feature of iCloud Music Library. Now learn how to transfer music from iTunes to Android then stream them on Apple Music.
1) Start by launching iTunes on your computer then go to Edit > Preferences in the menu bar.
2) Check the iCloud Music Library option in the General tab and then click OK to confirm.
3) Install the Apple Music app on your Android phone and sign in with your Apple ID.
4) Open Apple Music on your Android phone and you will find that your iTunes music appears within your Apple Music on your Android phone.
Sync music from iTunes to Android with Google Play Music
Except for using an USB or Apple Music, Google Play Music is also a good platform for you to transfer your music files if you’re a user of Google Play Music. Google Play Music provides cloud storage for up to 50,000 songs, accessible from your computer and phone. To transfer music from iTunes to Android, you could perform the following steps.
1) Download and install Google Play Music Manager from the Music Manager download page if you don’t have it installed and then run it on your computer after the installation.
2) Sign in to your Google account and start to select the location of your music collection then follow the on-screen setup instructions.
3) Then select Preferences and in the Upload tab, click Add folder to browse and select a folder you would like to upload music from.
4) Next, choose the folder where you save your iTunes music and click Upload to add your iTunes music to Google Play Music.
5) Now fire up Google Play on your Android phone and it is synced with Google Play Music.
Part 2. Best Method to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android Phone
The above methods allow you to transfer music from iTunes to Android but you can only listen to those iTunes music tracks within Apple Music due to the format protection. In fact, all music tracks from iTunes, especially those older purchased songs, are encoded in a Protected AAC format that prevents them from being played other places.
It doesn’t matter if you want to play iTunes songs through your media player after getting music from iTunes to Android. To move music from iTunes to Android, you could remove DRM from iTunes and convert iTunes songs to MP3 first. This action will make iTunes music playable on any media player you’ve installed on your phone. The easiest way to complete this special task is to use an audio converter like Tunelf Audio Converter.
Tunelf Audio Converter is a unique audio converter that comes with an intuitive interface. It can not only handle the conversion of iTunes songs, Apple Music, Audible books, and common audios but also remove DRM from those protected audios. It gives you the chance to convert iTunes songs to MP3. Here’s what you need to know about the tool.
Key Features of Tunelf Audio Converter
- Remove built-in DRM protection from Audible, Apple Music, and iTunes
- Convert Apple Music, iTunes audios, and Audible books to MP3 and more
- Cut large Audible or iTunes audiobooks into small segments by chapters
- Keep audios with ID3 tags and lossless audio quality at 30× faster speed
Step 1 Select iTunes M4P files you want to transfer
Launch Tunelf Audio Converter on your computer, and meantime, iTunes will automatically load. Then you can click the Add icon to import iTunes M4P files you want to transfer to your Android device. Or you can simply drag and drop your target audio files from iTunes or the folder to the Tunelf interface.
Step 2 Pick your desired format and set the parameters
Once your iTunes M4P files are loaded into Tunelf app, click the Format panel at the bottom left-hand corner. A window of format setting will appear where you can set the output audio parameter per your need. You can set the output format as MP3. For retaining the original audio quality, you need to set the bitrate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3 Start to convert iTunes M4P to MP3
After all your settings are done, you can now click the Convert button and Tunelf Audio Converter will automatically convert iTunes M4P to MP3 or other audio formats you set. You can then locate all your converted iTunes M4P files by clicking the Converted button and begin to transfer them to your Android phone for listening anytime.
Step 4 Play iTunes music on your Android phone
Now you can move those converted iTunes music files to your Android phone. You can use the default player or the player you prefer to use to play your iTunes music. Just to go to freely enjoy those iTunes songs on your Android device.
Migrating music from iTunes to Android is not difficult, and there are a few options to choose from in the post. After the transferring, you can use Apple Music to enjoy your iTunes music on your Android device again. Or you could use Tunelf Audio Converter to enjoy your Apple Music songs more freely.