For most people, the Garmin watch is a great option for listening to music while they exercise. It delivers all users with offline music streaming support. Except for adding Spotify Premium support, it has become the first smartwatch to support Amazon Music. With a subscription to Amazon Music, you can listen to Amazon Music on your Garmin Watch. In this post, we’ll explore how to set up the Amazon Music app with your Garmin Watch. Also, we’ll share an alternative method to play Amazon Music on Garmin Watch.
- Part 1. How to Install Garmin Amazon Music App for Playing
- Part 2. Alternative to Playing Amazon Music on Garmin Watch
Part 1. How to Set Up Amazon Music on Garmin Watch
The Amazon Music app is available now in Garmin’s Connect IQ store, and you’re able to listen to Amazon Music on a part of Garmin watches. The Garmin’s range of smartwatches for getting Amazon Music includes Forerunner 245 Music, Forerunner 645 Music, Forerunner 945, Fenix 5 Plus series, Vivoactive 3 Music, or MARQ series.
Now follow each section listed in this part when first setting up the Amazon Music app on your Garmin watch compatible with Amazon Music. First, you need to install the Amazon Music Connect IQ app on your watch. The next is to load your Amazon Music content to your watch. After completing the installation and syncing, you can listen to music instantly.
1.1 Install the Amazon Music Connect IQ App
1) Select the following link to download the app: Amazon Music Connect IQ App.
2) If prompted, sign into your Garmin account and select your device to download the app.
3) Acknowledge any app permission requests and the message should indicate that the app will be installed during the next sync.
4) Once the sync is complete, the Amazon Music app will be installed on your device.
1.2 Setup the Amazon Music Connect IQ App
1) Swipe the screen on the watch to the Music Widget and press and hold the screen.
2) Tap Music Providers then select Amazon Music and the screen should prompt you to visit amazon.com/us/code.
3) Use a mobile device or personal computer to tie the code provided on the watch to your Amazon account.
4) Once completed allow up to a few minutes for the watch to proceed to the main menu.
1.3 Sync Amazon Music Tracks to Garmin Watch
1) Connect your watch to your Wi-Fi network to download content from Amazon Music.
2) From your Garmin watch, swipe your screen to the Music Widget and select the three-dot icon.
3) Select the Amazon Music icon and tap Browse to choose a category.
4) Choose the content you want to sync to your watch then your downloaded music files will be synced to your watch.
Part 2. Alternative to Playing Amazon Music on Garmin Watch
However, the Amazon Music Connect IQ app only works in a few countries, including Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, the United States, and the United Kingdom. If you are not in those countries, you’re not allowed to access Amazon Music on the watch. Besides, you’re only able to download the free app on the aforementioned watches.
In this case, there is an alternative method to enable you to get Amazon Music on your Garmin watch if your condition doesn’t come up to the requirements. To get Amazon Music songs on your Garmin wearable, you could use a third-party tool called Tunelf Amatune Music Converter – a professional and powerful audio converter for Amazon Music.
Amazon Music subscribers will be able to download tracks for listening. This includes Prime Music which offers over 2 million available songs, as well as Music Unlimited service with over 50 million songs. But all the downloaded songs come with encryption protection. That is why you need to use Tunelf Amatune Music Converter to convert Amazon Music to MP3.
Key Features of Tunelf Amatune Music Converter
- Download songs from Amazon Music Prime, Music Unlimited, and HD Music
- Convert Amazon Music songs to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and MAB
- Handle the audio conversion of Amazon Music at a faster speed of 5×
- Ensure the output audio quality while retaining ID3 tags and metadata
2.1 How to Convert Amazon Music to MP3
First up, here’s the tutorial on how to convert Amazon Music songs to MP3 by using Tunelf Amatune Music Converter. After you install the converter on your computer, you can follow the below steps now.
Step 1 Configure the output audio parameters
The first up is pulling up Tunelf Amazon Music on your computer then you’ll be asked to sign in to your Amazon account. Once that’s done, you’ll click the Menu bar and select the Preferences options to set the output audio parameters. In the Advanced window, you can choose the output format as MP3 or the other five audio formats. For better audio quality, you need to continue to adjust the bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 2 Add Amazon Music playlists to the converter
The next is to navigate to your music library to browse songs. When viewing a curated playlist that you’d like to download, you can open it. Then click the yellow Add button suspended on the right side, and the program will list all songs immediately in the Add window. Now all you need is to select songs you want to convert. Just check the box next to the track to select.
Step 3 Start to convert Amazon Music songs to MP3
To download Amazon Music tracks, you just need to click the Convert button at the bottom right corner of the Add window and the playlist will start to download. Then depending on how much you want to download to your Garmin Watch, and it will take a while to convert Amazon Music songs to MP3. Once saved, the playlist will be accessible from your computer. You can click the Converted icon on the top to browse the converted tracks.
2.2 How to Add Amazon Music to Garmin Watch
After completing the download and conversion process, you can transfer your downloaded Amazon Music files to your Garmin watch as the Garmin watch offers enough space to store music for offline listening.
1) Install the Garmin Express application on y our computer before you can send your personal music to your device.
2) Connect the device to your computer using the included USB cable.
3) On your computer, open the Garmin Express application, select your device, and then select Music.
4) In the My Music or iTunes Library list, select an audio file category such as songs or playlists.
5) Select the checkboxes for the audio files, and select Send to Device.
6) Now your selected Amazon Music files will be synced to your watch and start listening to Amazon Music on your watch anytime.
At this point, you have got Amazon Music on your Garmin Watch with the above methods. You can download music from Amazon Music to your watch via the Amazon Music Connect IQ app. If this app is not available for your watch, you can also try to use Tunelf Amatune Music Converter to download Amazon Music tracks. Then you can easily transfer them to your watch for listening anytime.