The presence of Spotify Connect makes it easy for Spotify users to listen to their favorite tracks on various connected devices like smart TVs. You can play Spotify directly from your TV, or by using your phone, tablet, or desktop as a remote with Spotify Connect. Wondering how to play Spotify music on Philips Smart TV? Here’s the complete tutorial providing a step-by-step guide to streaming your favorite Spotify songs to Philips Smart TV.
Part 1. How to Get Spotify to Install on Philips TVs
Spotify is available on most smart TVs including Philips Smart TVs. Fortunately, Spotify offers its service to Philips Smart TVs. There are two methods for you to download and install Spotify to Philips Smart TVs. Before playing Spotify music, make sure that you have installed Spotify on your TVs. If not, follow the below steps; or directly enter into the next part.
Install Spotify on Philips Roku TVs
1) Power on Philips Roku TV and press the Home button on your remote.
2) Open Streaming Channels and select Search then type in Spotify.
3) Choose Spotify Music from the list on the right then press Add Channel.
4) Once installed, select OK from a short message about how to move the channel.
5) Press the Home button on your remote then open Spotify from your channel list.
6) Start entering your Spotify credentials to log in to your Spotify on the Philips smart TV.
Install Spotify on Philips Android TVs
1) Turn on Philips Android TV and go to the Apps tab on the home screen.
2) Tap Play Store to launch the Search icon and type in Spotify Music.
3) Add the Spotify app from the App Gallery then launch it on the Philips Android TV.
4) Choose to Login with PIN and find an activation code to activate Spotify on the screen.
5) Go to the Spotify Activation site and type the code to sign in to your Spotify account.
Part 2. Official Ways to Enjoy Spotify on Philips Smart TVs
With Spotify on Philips Android TVs and Roku TVs, you can enjoy all the music and podcasts you love, right here on the big screen. You can flick through albums, songs, and playlists using your remote control, or with Spotify Connect on your phone or tablet. Here’s how to play Spotify music tracks on your Philips Smart TV when you establish the connection between Spotify and Philips Smart TV.
What You Need: Stream Spotify Music to Philips Smart TVs
1. Make sure that the Philips Smart TV is connected to the Internet.
2. Install the Spotify app on the Philips smart TV, mobile or tablet device.
3. Create a Spotify account from the Spotify website or the Spotify app.
Play Spotify Music on Philips Smart TVs via Remote Control
Step 1. Go to the Home screen and find the Spotify app in the Apps tab.
Step 2. Launch the Spotify app on the TV and log in to your Spotify account.
Step 3. Select a Spotify album or playlist and start playing on your Philips Smart TV.
Stream Spotify Music to Philips Smart TVs via Spotify Connect
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app on your mobile device like mobile or tablet device.
Step 2. Go to browse all music tracks, playlists, artists, or albums on Spotify and selected your desired one.
Step 3. After choosing to play Spotify songs on your mobile or tablet device, just tap the Connect tab on your device.
Step 4. From the list of devices for connecting to the Spotify app, select the Philips Smart TV device and then you can listen to Spotify songs on your Philips Smart TV.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify Music on Philips Smart TVs Offline
Spotify is supported by all Philips Android TVs that run Android TV WebOS and Philips Roku TVs. However, other types of Philips Smart TVs don’t support the playback of Spotify. If you want to play Spotify music on other types of Philips Smart TV, you may need to seek another method. That is to download Spotify music to USB using a third-party tool like Spotify music downloader.
When it comes to Spotify music downloaders, Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter is highly recommended here. It is an easy-to-use yet professional music converter and downloader for Spotify. No matter whether you are a free account holder or a Premium subscriber, you are able to save Spotify songs to several playable audio formats using Tunelf software.
After using Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to download Spotify music, you can copy Spotify music to USB and then play Spotify tracks on Philips Smart through USB. You don’t need to worry about whether Spotify offers its service to the Philips smart TV. What’s more, you can listen to ad-free Spotify music without Premium.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, and albums with free accounts easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and other audio formats
- Keep Spotify music tracks with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Remove ads and DRM protection from Spotify music at a 5× faster speed
Step 1 Drag Spotify songs to Tunelf interface
Fire up Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter on your computer and then wait for the automatic opening of Spotify. Just go to browse your library on Spotify and find your favorite Spotify songs or playlists. Then you could drag and drop your selected Spotify songs or playlists to Tunelf interface. Or you could copy and paste the URL of Spotify songs or playlists to the search box in Tunelf programs.
Step 2 Adjust the audio format and parameters
After all your selected Spotify songs or playlists are uploaded into Tunelf interface, you can go to customize the output audio parameters for those Spotify songs. There are six popular audio formats for you to choose from and you can set the output audio format as MP3 or other audio formats. Besides, you could adjust the audio parameters like bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3 Start to download songs from Spotify
Once all the setting is done, you could click the Convert button at the bottom right corner of Tunelf program. Wait for a while and Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter will download Spotify music to your specific folder. After the conversion, you can browse all the converted Spotify music tracks in the history folder by clicking the Converted icon and you could also locate the folder where you save Spotify songs.
Step 4 Play Spotify songs on Philips Smart TV
Now you’ll be starting the playback of Spotify music on Philips Smart TV. Before playing Spotify music on Philips Smart TV, you need to transfer Spotify music to a USB first. Then you could insert your USB into your Philips Smart TV and browse your Spotify music on your Smart TV. Just open the media player on the Philips Smart TV and choose to play Spotify songs on Philips Smart TV even without an internet connection.
Part 4. Troubleshooting: Spotify Not Working on Philips TV
If you have been particularly bugged by the problem of the Spotify TV app not working, this is the place to be. Let’s go through the most common solutions to fix Spotify not working on Philips Smart TVs. If the problem persists, reach out to your TV manufacturer for further help or try playing Spotify on Philips TVs using Tunelf software.
1) Make sure your Philips Smart TV is connected to the internet.
2) Check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app.
3) Check your TV’s software is up-to-date.
4) Restart your Philips Smart TV.
5) Restart your Wi-Fi and connect your TV to Wi-Fi again.
6) Delete the Spotify app, then reinstall it onto your TV.
7) If possible, try a different Wi-Fi connection.
With the joining of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter, the playback of Spotify music on Philips Smart TVs has ever been so easier. Since that, you could play Spotify songs on Philips Smart TVs even without Spotify’s service. Except that, you could get Spotify songs downloaded by Tunelf programs on any device without limits.
Get the product now:
Get the product now: