In today’s media-driven world, music streaming has become a hot market and Spotify is one of the leading names in that market. There are more than 250 million people who are using Spotify to listen to their favorite tunes. However, no matter Spotify Premium users or free users, there’s no direct way to download Spotify music to your device as all music from Spotify is DRM-restricted content. To download Spotify tracks, only Spotify recorder can render services, and we’ll discuss 7 best Spotify recorder software in the post.
- Part 1. 7 Best Spotify Recorder for Windows & Mac
- Part 2. How to Use Spotify Recorder to Record Spotify Music
Part 1. Top 7 Spotify Recorder for Windows and Mac
Here we end up collecting 7 best Spotify recorders for all Spotify users. With the assistance of the below Spotify recorder, you can record and save music from Spotify effortlessly then listen to Spotify music beats on all media players or devices with ease. Just go to find out which option is best for you.
At a glance
- Top 1. Tunelf Spotify Music Converter
- Top 2. TunesKit Audio Capture
- Top 3. Audacity
- Top 4. Audials Music 2020
- Top 5. Leawo Music Recorder
- Top 6. Spotify Web Recorder
- Top 7. Free Sound Recorder
Top 1. Tunelf Spotify Music Converter (Windows & Mac)
To record music from Spotify, there are lots of Spotify recorders on the market, but you can’t miss the most professional and powerful Spotify recorder – Tunelf Spotify Music Converter. It’s far from being a Spotify recorder, and it’s also a Spotify music downloader. With it, you can not only record music from Spotify but also download Spotify to multiple formats like MP3 no matter you’re subscribing to the premium plan or not. More than anything, it can save Spotify music with the lossless audio quality.
- Six popular formats like MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, FLAC, and WAV available;
- Support to adjust the output format, channel, bit rate, and sample rate;
- Save Spotify songs with the original quality and metadata information.
- No option for burning Spotify music to CD directly;
- Not offer the function of editing.
Top 2. TunesKit Audio Capture (Windows & Mac)
Among the many audio recorders, TunesKit Audio Capture is the most special one. It is a smart and full-featured audio record to record any audio playing on the computer, including streaming music, radio stations, podcasts, music games, and others. It can save all the recorded audios to multiple popular formats like MP3, AAC, and more. Except for recording, you can also trim and merge the recorded audios according to your demand. You are able to record audio your favorite tunes from Spotify without Premium accounts.
- Function as an audio recording and editing tool;
- Record any audio playing on your computer;
- Six popular audio formats for you to choose from.
- Record Spotify music in the real-time;
- Save the audios without 100% lossless.
Top 3. Audacity – Free Spotify Recorder (Windows & Mac)
With over 100 million downloads, Audacity is a popular and free digital audio editor and recording application software, available for Windows and macOS. In addition to recording audio from multiple sources, Audacity can be used for post-processing of all types of audio by adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out. It has also been used to mix multitrack. But you need the help of audio effect plug-ins while recording as Audacity lacks dynamic equalizer controls and real-time effects.
- Provide the functions of both editing and recording;
- Easy for beginner to record audio;
- Not ensure the output audio quality;
- Lacks dynamic equalizer controls and real-time effects
Top 4. Audials Music 2020 (Windows)
Audials Music 2020 is a recorder for music streaming including the audio converter. With Audials Music, you can record music streams from all music services and websites like Spotify, Amazon Music, and more. Music tracks are separated individually and saved as several formats with ID3 tags and without commercials. Except for recording music beats from all music services, Audials can help you manage multiple music collections and browse through them visually in the music universe with its photos of artists.
- More than 40 audio formats for you to choose from;
- Record audios from streaming music services;
- Enable you to import and manage local files.
- Only compatible with Windows;
- Save audio with quality loss.
Top 5. Leawo Music Recorder (Windows & Mac)
As an easy-to-use audio recorder, Leawo Music Recorder could be considered when recording music from Spotify. It can help users record music and audio from both computer audio and streaming music resources like Spotify, Deezer, and more. You can use the recorder to record Spotify to MP3 or WAV, and it also enables you to manage recorded Spotify songs and edit them one by one. With the feature of the task scheduler, you can preset the time duration for recording audios.
- Record audio with task scheduler;
- Record any sound from the Internet sources;
- Support to save recorded audios to iTunes in one click.
- Only save audios into two formats;
- Not ensure 100% lossless audio quality;
- Take a long time to record music from Spotify.
Top 6. Spotify Web Recorder (Windows & Mac)
Spotify Web Recorder is also a free and open-source solution for recording songs from Spotify web player to MP3 files saved on your hard drive. As containing an integrated web browser, you can browse all contents from Spotify on the program and record music beats from Spotify directly. However, the stereo mix records everything you hear on the computer, so make sure not to cause any other sounds while recording.
- Record music from Spotify for free;
- Detect and skip ads from Spotify.
- Record audio from Spotify Web Player instead of Spotify client;
- Recording music always degrades the quality.
Top 7. Free Sound Recorder (Windows & Mac)
As a free audio recording tool, Free Sound Recorder can help you capture any sound played by your computer. It has the ability to record Internet broadcasts, streaming audio, or local audio files reproduced by other programs like RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, iTunes, and so on. What’s more, you can even record VoIP calls or Internet-telephony conversations when using programs like Skype and more. The software can create a schedule to record from the selected source at a predefined time and stop after a desired duration.
- Easy to use for recording audios from your computer;
- Schedule for longtime and handsfree recording.
- Cannot separate songs individually;
- Save audios without ID3 tags.
Check the comparison table about the top 7 Spotify recorders
|Tunelf Spotify Music Converter||TunesKit Audio Capture||Audacity||Audial Music 2020||Leawo Music Recorder||Spotify Web Recorder||Free Sound Recorder|
|Supported System||Windows & Mac||Windows & Mac||Windows & Mac & Linux||Windows||Windows & Mac||Windows & Mac||Windows & Mac|
|Supported output formats||MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, M4B, and FLAC||MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, M4B, and FLAC||MP3, WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis||Over 40 audio file formats||MP3 and WAV||MP3, WAV, WMA, and Ogg Vorbis||MP3|
|Conversion speed||5× or 1×||1×||1×||2×||1×||1×||1×|
|Output quality||100% lossless quality||High quality||Low quality||High quality||High quality||Low quality||Low quality|
|Price||$34.95/Lifetime (Single license); $39.95/Lifetime (Family license); $59.95/Lifetime (Unlimited license)||$29.95/Lifetime (Single license); $39.95/Lifetime (Family license); $59.95/Lifetime (Unlimited license)||Free||$34.95 for each license||$19.99/Year (Single license); $29.99/Lifetime (Single license)||Free||Free|
Part 2. How to Record Music from Spotify with Spotify Recorder
To better understand this service, here we’ll show you how to record music from Spotify by using Tunelf Spotify Music Converter. Since Tunelf Spotify Music Converter is pretty easy to use, it has an intuitive and visual interface for you to operate, and you can easily record Spotify to MP3 with three steps.
Key Features of Tunelf Music Converter for Spotify
- Download songs, playlists, artists, and albums from Spotify without Premium
- Convert Spotify contents to up to six popular formats like MP3, AAC, and more
- Save Spotify beats with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags at 5× conversion speed
- Support to play Spotify music beats on various devices like MP3 Player and others
Step 1 Drag Spotify playlist to Tunelf Spotify Music Converter
Fire up Tunelf Spotify Music Converter on your computer and then your Spotify program will automatically start. Head to your library on Spotify, and then select the desired Spotify music you wish to record and save. You can drag and drop Spotify music tracks to the interface of Tunelf for downloading.
Step 2 Customize the output parameter according to your need
Once you’ve selected your file, you’ll need to configure the output audio parameters. Click on menu > Preference > Convert, and select the MP3 option or other from the list of audio formats. In addition, you could also improve the audio quality by adjusting the bit rate, sample rate, and audio codec.
Step 3 Start to record music from Spotify to your computer
Once you’re satisfied with your settings, click the Convert button and your Spotify music file will be saved in your required downloads folder. If you want to browse all the converted Spotify music tracks, you can click on the Converted icon to open the converted list where you can find all the converted Spotify music.
Video Demo: How to Record Music from Spotify and Save as MP3
Wrap Up: Which Spotify Recorder is Suitable for You?
Spotify provides the additional feature of offline downloading for those Premium users but all the downloaded Spotify songs are cache files only available during the subscription of Premium plan. If you want to download Spotify tracks and convert to MP3 to your devices, the best choice is to use a Spotify recorder. From the aforementioned Spotify recorders, we do recommend Tunelf Spotify Music Converter to you. With it, you can download lossless tracks from Spotify with ease.