Unlike PS4 and PS5, the Xbox Game bar is the customizable gaming overplay built into Windows 10. It can work well with nearly all PC games, enabling you to instant access to widgets for controlling your music, finding new teammates with Looking for Group and chatting with Xbox friends across Xbox console, mobile, and PC – all without leaving your game.
And yet, like many of you, music is a very important part of our gaming experience. With the Spotify widget in Game Bar, you can easily control the playback of your favorite music from Spotify while playing on your Windows 10. In this guide, we’re going to tell you how to use Spotify in Xbox Game Bar, as well as how to fix some issues of Game Bar Spotify not working.
Part 1. How to Link Spotify to Game Bar on Windows
Since Spotify offers its service to Xbox Game Bar, you can get quick access to Spotify while playing a game on Windows 10. With the Microsoft Game Bar integration, you can change your music soundtrack or choose your gaming podcast without having to minimize or exit your game. To set up Spotify in Xbox Game Bar, follow the below steps.
To get started, you’ll need the following:
– Spotify Music app
– Spotify account
1) Launch Xbox Game Bar and access Widget Menu.
2) Click on the Spotify widget and select Link Account.
3) After linking your Spotify account, select Launch Spotify.
4) Select a Spotify playlist to play while playing a game.
Part 2. Solutions to Windows Game Bar Spotify Not Working
Now you can easily control music and podcast from the Spotify widget in the Game Bar. While the Spotify widget is useful in playing your favorite music from Spotify, it does run into issues from time to time. Here are the main problems and how to fix them.
Problems: Spotify not showing on Windows Game Bar
Some users cannot find the Spotify widget in Game Bar on Windows. After trying reinstalling Spotify from Windows Store, there is still no sign of it in Game Bar.
1) Go to Add or remove programs under Windows 10 system settings.
2) Find Xbox Game Bar and click on it, then choose Advanced options.
3) Click Repair. If the Spotify icon still doesn’t show up, Reset will reinstall Game Bar.
Problems: Xbox Game Bar not connecting to Spotify
When connecting Xbox Game Bar to Spotify, some users found a pop-up window that shows an error of linking to your Spotify account.
1) Uninstall Spotify from the Microsoft Store and install Spotify from the Spotify website.
2) Go to the settings for your Spotify account and remove access for the Xbox Game Bar.
3) Launch Spotify on your computer and then log into your Spotify account.
4) Open Windows Settings and go to Apps > Default apps then select Spotify.
5) Go back to Xbox Game bar and try to log into your Spotify account.
Problems: Windows Game Bar Spotify not working
Some users cannot use the Spotify widget in the Game Bar due to some reasons. But there is no official way to help you fix it. The direct method is to uninstall and reinstall Spotify.
1) Go to uninstall Spotify from the Microsoft Store and reinstall it from the Spotify website.
2) Open the Spotify widget in Game Bar, and then link the Xbox Game Bar with Spotify.
3) Check whether you will now be able to control Spotify in Game Bar.
Problems: Not able to unlink Spotify to Game Bar
Occasionally, users have trouble unlinking their Spotify accounts to Xbox Game Bar. This can impact your Spotify when you try to link your Spotify account to other platforms for playing.
1) Go to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ and sign into your Spotify account.
2) Click on Apps on the left side of the bar and choose to remove Xbox Game Bar.
Part 3. Alternative Way to Play Spotify While Playing Games
After getting to fix the issue of the Spotify Xbox Game Bar not working, you could start enjoying your favorite music from Spotify while playing on Windows 10. However, although Spotify and Xbox are making it easy for you to play music inside Xbox Game Bar, you’ll find that your Spotify will impact your gaming experience.
With a good network, Spotify could play your favorite songs while playing a game. But if your network is poor, the playback of Spotify inside Game Bar would be unstable. So, the best method is to download Spotify music to your computer. Then try to use Windows Media Player to play your offline Spotify songs.
To download and import Spotify songs to Windows Media Player, you need the help of a Spotify music downloader like Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter. With it, you are able to easily download and convert music from Spotify to MP3 and other widely-supported formats. Then you can directly use the WMP widget to play Spotify music in Game Bar.
Key Features of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter
- Download Spotify playlists, songs, albums with free accounts easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and other audio formats
- Keep Spotify music tracks with the lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Remove ads and DRM protection from Spotify music at 5× faster speed
3.1 Download Music from Spotify to MP3
Step 1 Add Spotify playlist to the converter
Open Tunelf Spotify Music Converter on your computer then it will load Spotify immediately. Now go to Spotify and search for songs you wish to download. Then add them to the converter by using the drag-and-drop feature.
Step 2 Set up the output audio parameters
Once your songs have been added, you can go to customize the output audio formats by clicking the menu bar and selecting the Preferences option. In the Convert window, you can modify the format, bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 3 Begin downloading music from Spotify
Now that you’re all set, click the Convert button on the bottom right corner of the converter. The converter will immediately download and convert Spotify songs to MP3 or other formats you specify to your computer.
3.2 Enjoy Offline Spotify While Playing Games
1) Launch Windows Media Player on your computer.
2) Drag Spotify songs to your library in Windows Media Player.
3) Start to play Spotify music from Windows Media Player inside Game Bar directly.
This post aims to help you use Spotify in Xbox Game Bar while playing a game on Windows 10. With the Spotify widget inside Game Bar, you can easily control Spotify without interruption. Also, if you have any problem about playing Spotify with Game Bar, just try the above solutions. Or you could use Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to play offline Spotify music, thus getting a better game experience.